Saturday, August 11, 2012

Uncertainty



If you looked at my face right now, you might notice a blank stare.  Or maybe a glazed-over look.  Confused expression?  Worry lines around my eyes? I could keep going.  It's all because I have no answers right now.

When are we coming home?  Well, we have booked tickets for the 27th of August (arriving home on the 28th), but I don't know yet if we'll be able to use them.

When will we know for sure?  I don't know.

What will it be like to go home and try to establish a routine with new family members?  I don't know.

How am I going to get anything done at first?  Grocery store?  Anything?  I don't know.

What condition will my house be in?  I don't know.

When are we going to start school?  I don't know.

How am I going to teach 2 boys who don't know English?  I don't know.

How am I going to teach the rest of my children when my sons will take up so much time?  I don't know.

Am I going to be able to keep homeschooling?  I don't know.

Am I going to be able to give each of the children what they need?  I don't know.

I don't know.  I don't know.  I don't know.

And I feel very inadequate.  Okay,  extremely inadequate. 

I'm praying for guidance for what's been entrusted to me-these 5 precious ones:

Focus, Dawn.  That's what I keep telling myself.  Many moms from our adoption group have messaged me with these words, "Take it one day at a time!"

So I need to focus on what I know.  Not what I don't know. 

Here's what I know:

Mt 6:8............"your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him."

Phil 4:19........."And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Jer 33:3............."Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and
mighty things, which you do not know."

Jer 32:27........."Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything to hard for Me?"

Mt 11:28.........."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Heb 13:5.........."For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Phil 4:6.........."Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let you requests be made known to God; ..."

Today I am thankful for: Play-doh (thanks, Grandma), brownie mix (thanks again, Grandma), ibuprofen, comfortable Balga running socks, and good test results for my sister.


Prayer request:  Please pray we are cleared to leave Ethiopia on the 27th so we don't have to change our plane tickets!  

3 comments:

  1. Praying Dawn! The moments we feel the most inadequate are the moments when the Lord can step in in huge ways! Praying that you feel His strength and presence to focus on the day at hand! hUGS!

    ReplyDelete