Sunday, July 15, 2012

Time Flies

It's been almost a month and a half since I have:

1) Driven a vehicle

2) Collected eggs

3) Dusted

4) Watched T.V.

5) Purchased an item of clothing

6) Pulled a weed

7) Wrapped a present

8) Written a letter or card

9) Baked brownies

10) Asked my children to do chores

11) Worn shoes with a non-flat heel

12) Walked on the grass in my bare feet

13) Hosted a gathering/party

14) Hugged my parents

15) Used a hairdryer

16) Tasted blueberries, corn, or pickles

17) Had a glass of wine with a friend

18) Put my hand on my pregnant niece's belly

19) Texted my sister

20) Danced with my husband

21) Sung a praise song with my EPC family

22) Watched the stars

23) Sat on a porch swing or rocking chair

24) Watched my children run through the sprinkler

25) Fed or petted a dog

26) Had fresh flowers on my table

27) Printed anything off the computer

28) Closed any blinds or seen a window screen

29) Ridden a 4-wheeler or golf cart through the pasture

30)  Eaten fast food


I'm glad that:

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:


2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

 9 What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-10)

Today I am thankful for: hot raspberry tea, a Facebook message from a friend at home, and knowing that a certain sweet boy who we've grown to love here, "B", has found a home with my friend, Tausha. 
*If you'd like to help Tausha's family get "B" home with his brother, please click here to read their story and donate $1.  http://krohnjourney.blogspot.com/2012/07/double-blessing-krohn-family-of-seven.html?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment