Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Plans? Ha!

"We can make our own plans,
but the Lord gives the right answer.

  2 People may be pure in their own eyes,
but the Lord examines their motives.

3 Commit your actions to the Lord,
and your plans will succeed.

4 The Lord has made everything for his own purposes,
even the wicked for a day of disaster.

5 The Lord detests the proud;
they will surely be punished.

6 Unfailing love and faithfulness make atonement for sin.
By fearing the Lord, people avoid evil.

7 When people’s lives please the Lord,
even their enemies are at peace with them.

8 Better to have little, with godliness,
than to be rich and dishonest.

9 We can make our plans,
but the Lord determines our steps". (-Proverbs 16:1-9, NLT, emphasis mine)

I tend to try to be a planner.  Now, I say, "try" because I am not the biggest planner I know, but I like to know what's going to happen.  Having a plan makes my life go smoother, or so I tell myself.  Can I get an "Amen"?  Any Type A personalities out there?

Last night I couldn't sleep.  Finally at 5-something this morning I decided to get out of bed.  Checking my email, I found one stating MOWCYA does not plan to be able to write our approval letter until Monday, the 16th. 

Um, I kind of had other plans.  Like, going to pick up my boys this week! 

In the grand scheme of things, will one week make a difference?  No.  Definitely not.  So we'll just keep plugging along here and wait.  I'm getting pretty good at that.  Sometimes.  I just have to be ready to submit. 

Submit to His timing.  His plans.  It's easier when I focus on what I KNOW about God's plans for me.  Jeremiah 29:11-13 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."  God has given me a future and a hope, and he'll do the same for my children. 

Have you seen or read the Love Comes Softly series?  I read them years ago, thanks to Glenda Geiger, and now own the movies.  Those movies traveled here in my suitcase, and Alana, Easton, and I have been watching them at night before we go to bed.  The second one, called Loves Enduring Promise, talks about the promise God made to us.  This is the future and hope I am looking forward to most, this promise: "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." (Rev. 21:4)  It gives me goosebumps to think about the glory that awaits me in the future.

It comes down to trust. Do I trust God?  Do I trust that He has my best in mind?  Do I trust Him to fulfill His promises?  Do I trust Him enough to let go of my own plans and submit to His? 

Sometimes you have to let go of your own desires and pray that your desires would be His desires.  Does that make sense?  When He talks about giving us the desires of our hearts, don't you know that He does that when we submit everything to Him, and say, "My desires are your desires"?  If I totally confused you, I'm sorry. 

I trust Him. There is a season for everything, and only God knows when each season is going to come. 

Today I am thankful for:  electricity that has stayed on for the most part the last two days, the French press here at the house to make coffee, and a fellow AWAA mom who brought me taco seasoning from the States! (Mexican night will be happening here on Saturday, minus the cheese, - whoo-hoo!)

3 comments:

  1. I seem to remember waiting you did stateside not long ago. I remember asking God to change you. He is/He has.
    Once again you wait - but now you know that you are waiting on Him - not on any person or set of curcumstances. Can't fault you for wanting to know why or when. All I can say, sister, is wait - whether or not you ever know the why. The when will be revealed, in His time. I know, I know. Ugh!!! But that's the geat thing about God - He reveals! Himself...His plan...His way...one step at a time, rarely in a whoosh...one step at a time...as He thinks we need to know, or act,or be, or change. I know, I know. Ugh!!! But it's still the great thing about God - His revalation(s) to His people...it's part of His faithfulness, as I see it.
    So, sister - wait on. You've put in the practice - this is the olympics. I know you can do this. There's something to be said for anticipation.
    Yes? <>s<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn!!! I SO needed to hear this - trust in HIS plan! Still praying for you and your sweet family! Give my boy hugs for me! Love, Tausha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Type A personality here. Planner? Yes. I totally get you. So glad that you get to make Tacos! What a treat! Praying MOWYCA surprises you this week and writes your letter ahead of time. Hugs girl! From, Katie

    ReplyDelete