Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Missing the Other Half of My Heart

I am missing my husband something fierce tonight.  And Jayde, too.  Ugh!

I came across two pieces of paper from Father's day in the back of my Bible a little while ago.  Alana and Easton wrote a card with a word that described their dad and had to share it during church at Bethel.  Easton wrote, "Hardworking", and Alana wrote, "Kind".  She expounded on that word by sharing, "My dad is kind because he does what the good Lord wants and that includes helping others." 

Genesis 2:24 says, " a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh".  I guess that's why I'm missing him?  He's my other half?  The longest we have been apart before now in our married lives is 5 days.  5 days in over 15 years. 

I want my family of 7 under one roof.  I don't mean to complain.  Especially when there's the potential for that to happen in the next couple  months.  I have friends, 3 in particular, who have become widows in recent years.  We have lost friends and mentors who have gone home to be with the Lord.  I will be able to see my husband in the next few weeks, God willing.  Why, then, is it so hard to be positive tonight? 

The joy of the Lord is my strength.  The joy of the Lord is my strength.  The joy of the Lord is my strength. 

I will keep repeating this, even when I don't "feel" the joy. 

Today I am thankful for:  bed partners in Alana and Easton (to help ward off loneliness), schoolwork to fill monotonous days (it's hard to work at any missions when you don't have someone to help with the kids), and Narnia books to read aloud to my children on Kindle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sister! I bet you are missing him! And, don't you let anyone give you grief about it, either! When Mark was gone to Manila for a month, I was a mess! I hated it, and I agreed to it! But, when it really happened, it was harder than I thought. People would laugh at me, but we didn't get married so we could be apart!? Helloooo!? I love a happy marriage!
    When you get custody of the boys, the days are going to FLY!!

    Love your new blog!!

    Did you know you can check out books from the Hills County Library on your Kindle?

    ReplyDelete