Monday, July 16, 2012

Grace

Have you seen this acronym for Grace?

God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense

"Grace is God's unmerited favor. It is kindness from God we don't deserve. There is nothing we have done, nor can ever do to earn this favor. It is a gift from God."

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

The power has been out a lot the last couple days.  It was on just long enough at church this morning to sing one song, then went out again.  That song was, "Your Grace Is Enough".

Jesus did that for me, I believe.  I needed to sing those words this morning. 

I needed to hear that even though Alan's not here, Jesus is enough. 

Even though my family and friends are not near, Jesus is enough.

Even though our boys are still living in a transition home instead of with their mom and dad, Jesus is enough. 

Here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnE_e1LylY

and these are the lyrics, by Chris Tomlin:

"Great is Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters in to mercy
And nothing can keep us apart

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Great is Your love and justice God of Jacob
You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me [x2]

So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise
Oh God

Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me

Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me"

God does, in fact, use the weak to lead the strong.  He has throughout all history. 

His grace is enough for me.

At the end of our church service today, all the adults stood up (there are more children than adults in the church!), made a circle, and prayed for unity, for salvation of the local people, and for the church.  As I stood there with 21 other men and women, I listened to 3 men pray.  One was from America, one was from Australia, and one was from Ethiopia.  Each spoke with a different accent.  But each prayed for their brothers and sisters in Christ.  The body of Christ is the Church Universal.  It spans oceans and continents.  We are family.  I may have been holding the hand of 2 local Ethiopians, one whom I had met before, and one whom I had never met before, but they were my sisters in Christ.  It was beautiful.  We were there because of grace.

Today I am thankful for: a notepad and pen, a mother-in-law who is taking charge of sending requests for things we want back to Ethiopia with her son, and a God who stirs my heart and understands my longings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment