Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Really Happening!

It's 1:47 in the morning as I write this.  In a little over 6 hours, my dad is bringing us breakfast.  In 8 hours, we leave for the airport.  12 hours from now our plane will be taking off.  TO AFRICA! 

It's hard to believe the day we've been planning for and dreaming about is here.  Once we arrive in Addis Ababa and get settled, I'll begin posting updates and pictures. 

A heartfelt thank you goes out to all our friends and family who donated supplies and formula money for the orphanages.  Thank you to those of you from EPC who supported us and are now going to support Bring Love In by sponsoring part of a home.  Thank you to those of you who helped us in a myriad of ways, like:

-buying us luggage you searched out from thrift stores or lending us luggage
-taking our children off our hands for playdates, dinners, and sleepovers so we could get ready
 -helping pack and sort donation items
-throwing us an adoption shower
-sending Alan and I on one last get-away together before we leave
-donating a Kindle so the children can read a lot
-giving us money for our trip and for the boys
-setting up all our electronic accounts (Skype, I-pad, business stuff)
-agreeing to help with everything from banking to animals while we are away

and those are just a few of the ways everyone has helped.  I will not name you all, because I'm not sure some of you would want to be named.  We LOVE you and are grateful for your love, friendship, and support.

This song by Mike's Chair is one that I have been singing this week.  Click and enjoy! The lyrics are so fitting.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bixSWAi-qMY

Please pray for our family. 

As we leave on this adventure, may it be "All For You", Lord.

2 comments:

  1. or and other goo song is When I get were I'm going by 33 Miles. I love you my friend and I'm so excited for you and this journey of a life time. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see you over there! : ) Praying for safe travels.

    ReplyDelete