Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today I have mixed emotions.  Sadness because I am not spending Father's Day with my Dad.  Happiness because Alan is soon going to have 2 more children to call him "Daddy".  Actually, they already call him Daddy. 

I am thankful to have been blessed with the absolute best father in the world growing up.  My Dad is patient, wise, has a servant heart, and is a man of integrity.  He thinks before he speaks and always puts others first.  He was the kind of dad who always attended events, took us to church and modeled Christ, sang bedtime songs, and told stories.  Thank you, Daddy, for showing Ginger and I what a godly man looks like. 

Now God has blessed me with a husband who is a wonderful father.  Alan spends time with our children, plays with them, teaches them, and provides for them.  And he's about to be blessed with two more little hearts to mold, sing loudly to, tickle, tease, embarrass, and hug.  God is good.

Yesterday our family and the Putnam family went to AWAA (America World Adoption Association)'s Transition house where Jayde and Natalie painted faces.  Jayde did a great job and the kids were lined up for a long time to receive colors on their cheeks and foreheads. 

Scott and Natalie received paint as well.  What fun!


Alana painted girls' nails bright pink.

The I-pad that we borrowed for the trip was a huge success with not only our boys but their friends as well.  (Thanks, Matt!)


Uno is the favorite of many and it's a good learning tool to teach colors and numbers.



This morning Natalie started teaching me Zumba.  It was the second time we worked out on the roof.  The first time I thought I was going to die.  I could not catch my breath.  She says it's the altitude, not just the fact that I am not in shape.  I think she's just being kind.  Did you all know that Natalie is a Zumba teacher in California?  I'm not showing you a picture of us doing our hip shakes.  There were no witnesses and I intend to keep it that way for a while.  Well, actually, there may be witnesses from the pastures as people walk by.  I'm sure they were wondering what those two white women were doing up on that roof! Can't you picture it?

After Zumba we attended church again and it was nice to see familiar faces from last week.  This afternoon we went to a restaurant called Top View and ate the best food we've had so far here in Addis. Levi and Jessie came along with a dental ministry team that is here this week working on patients at a local church.  We are going to be trained and assigned jobs tomorrow morning to be able to assist this week with the patients. (Here's Natalie on the left and Jessie in the middle.)


Our children played soccer this afternoon with the neighborhood children.  Easton and Joel (Scott and Natalie's son) are still out there as I type this.  You don't have to speak the same language to play soccer, you just have to be able to kick the ball. 


The neighborhood children made goals out of eucalyptus sticks nailed together with rocks for goals.



Please remember to pray for our birth mother interview tomorrow and for the dental ministry team this week, which will be seeing about 250 people a day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. 

"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him."- Psalm 127:3

Thanking God today for:  my Heavenly Father, my earthly Father, my husband, and soccer balls.




No comments:

Post a Comment