Friday, March 2, 2012

REFERRAL DAY!

It's official - yesterday, March 1, 2012 was our referral day!  When our coordinator called to let us know we had a referral, Alan and I were together, so we put her on speaker to listen together. 

My mind is reeling.  This week has been crazy.  The events that led up to our referral were orchestrated by God.  At some point I'll write down an account of this time, but not today.

We can't give many details about our boys until we pass court.  Here's what I can say: (1) The boys are about 5 and 10 years old, (2) Their names are Y**** and P**** (haha, that's a lot of info, right?), (3) They are biological brothers, (4) They have been through a lot and are going to need healing, and (5) Surely God has placed them in our family for a reason.

Though I can't give details now on any part of their lives, and I will never share detailed information about their backgrounds, because it's their story to tell when they get older, I know that God loves them. I pray that God gives them peace and hope until we can bring them home. 

In you the orphan finds mercy.-Hosea 14:3

Never take advantage of any widow or orphan. If you do and they cry out to me, you can be sure that I will hear their cry.-Exodus 22:22-23

You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.-Psalms 10:14,17-18

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.-James 1:27

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.-Psalms 68:5-6

Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.-Isaiah 1:17

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.-Proverbs 31:8-9

And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.-Matthew 18:5

I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!-Matthew 25:40

Praise God that in a few months there will be 2 less orphans in the world.

24 comments:

  1. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news! Continuing to pray for your boys until you can all be together! Can't wait to meet them! God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, Alan and the kids! I will pray for the process to go quickly and smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through the AWAA group and am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to watch the Lord bring healing and your family grow through this wonderful addition! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How blessed you and your new sons to be are to have been brought together by the providence of God! All of you are in our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That is wonderful news! They have no idea yet how blessed they are to be a part of your family. Praying that you are able to bring them home soon so you can get to know each other. So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So when I see my new nephews I can smile and say, "So it's you, you're the ones I've prayed for!" I can't wait to see their faces, and hear their names. Your new sons and my nephews. Welcome to the family we've loved you so much, for so long! Hurry home, I love you both, Love Aunt Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited about my new grandsons. I wish I could see their precious faces now, but that day will come soon. I will continue to pray for them to come get home so I can hold them and tell them how much I love them. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Dance, Happy Dance! We are so happy for you and your family. We continue to pray for a speedy conclusion to this process, so that you can be holding your new sons in your arms very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Kicklighters! We have been praying for you and we're sooooo very happy for your WHOLE family! The thing I keep thinking is that now they have an opportunity to know about God's wonderful message! God sure did have His hand in this :) You'll be giving them hugs soon....
    Gretchen and the rest of the Ruby's

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for your family, Dawn!! I'm doing the Snoopy Dance for you in my heart! I pray that God will weave your sons into their new life with you all just as we're woven into God's love for us. We can't be torn asunder from Him, and my prayer is that your sons will know that kind of security and that kind of love with all of you. I can't think of a better place for them to land than in the arms of the Kicklighter clan. What a blessing you're receiving!!
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so very thankful that God has answered my prayers with two new cousins! I can not wait until I get to meet them and welcome them into our family. I know that God has hand picked them to be placed in our family and I am excited about what our family future holds with our new familiy memebers. I am now praying that this process will move quickly so we can meet our new cousins and show them the love we have been waiting to show them. Our family is truly blessed with our new gifts we are about to receive.
    Love,
    Cousin Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful news! Have been praying for this for a long time. God has placed these two boys with a wonderful family and I can't wait to meet my two new God-grandsons.
    Love Nana

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't wait to meet who we've been praying for. been waiting for you guys for a long time but God will send you to your new family in His perfect time!
    Carol Ann Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn - we know your referral is an answer to many prayers. We will continue praying for your family and especially your new sons as they prepare to meet you and your extended and church families. We are all so excited to have the boys joining the family.
    Ann Doak

    ReplyDelete
  16. Serena and Jeff AyscueMarch 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

    What a wonderful answer to prayer! I know these sweet boys will be so blessed to be in your home! I can not imagine a better family for them! So glad they will become a part of our family too!! So looking forward to having them join the boy pack!! Congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you, your family and these two boys. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse before they were off the list and they are absolutely beautiful. You will all be in my prayers, and I can't wait to see how the rest of your journey goes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy day indeed! We are praying the next steps go swiftly & smoothly! (and the kiddos can't wait to meet some new friends) :-)

    Blessings,
    The Johnson Family

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are so excited for your family. You are being blessed by God. Just thinking of all the love that is already surrounding your boys is awesome!! We can't wait to meet them. We will pray for their journey home.
    The Evans Family

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What precious boys they are! So excited for you on this next phase of your journey to eachother. We are praying for you!
      -The Collins Family

      Delete
  21. Congratulations!!!!!! Oh what an amazing joyful day!!!! I am so glad we live close, because I absolutely can't wait to meet these beautiful children who have been prayed for for so long!! Thanks for sharing this amazing news!! God bless you all ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the upcoming adoption!!! Can't wait to meet the boys. Tell Y and J we love them already!!
    Praying for you :D loving your blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. oops!! Y and P ;)

    ReplyDelete