Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10 Things I Love About My Husband

My intention was to finish some more posts on marriage last week before I went to the Created for Care retreat over the weekend, but that didn't happen. 

Here's one of the lists I wanted to give, the top....
10 Things I Love About My Husband



(10) He's not afraid to show affection.  He will kiss and hug me anytime, anywhere.  He hugs everyone else, too.  His love language is touch.  Every time our wedding song comes on the radio, he pulls the car over, much to the kids' dismay, and dances with me on the side of the road.

(9)  He tells me I'm beautiful and sees the best in me even when I don't deserve it.  He never complains about the 15 pounds I gained or says negative things about me.  I am soooooo grateful for that. 

(8)  He plays with the kids and spends time with them, including them in his activities.  There's nothing better as a wife than seeing your husband interacting with your children.  It's just so cool.  I love watching a child tag along behind him as he's walking across the yard.

(7)  He understands my dreams and let's me have them. He doesn't tell me they're crazy or stupid. Even if my dreams are not his at first, he shares them.  That's how we came to own land with a garden and our funny farm of animals.  It may not have started out as his dream, but he claimed it with me. 

(6)  He wants to honor our parents and extended families.  Family get-togethers are important to him and he's always willing for us to host at our home.  Even when he knows it means a cranky wife running around to get everything ready, he still always offers our house to be used.

(5)  He keeps learning.  Even though he doesn't like to read, he keeps learning by listening to books on tape and sermons on-line, etc.  He lets me read to him when I have something that I want him to hear so we can discuss it.  That probably sounds ridiculous to others, but I love that he's willing to do it.

(4)  He seeks wise counsel and does not make hasty decisions.  Sometimes this drives me crazy when I'm waiting for an answer.  But I also know that according to the big picture, this is best.

(3)  He loves to help people.  He want to help the needy, do things for people, and he cares about children. The man will pull over to help someone even when we're running late (which is often).  He gives generously to people he knows and people he doesn't know personally.   

(2)  He works hard to provide for our family.  He lets me stay home with the kids.  Let me re-phrase that: he doesn't just let me, he wants me to stay home with the kids. What a dream come true for me.  He really is my knight-in-shining-armor.  The for-real kind. 

(1)  He dreams big.  Oh, does he ever.

I asked the kids what they love most about their daddy. 

Jayde: 
-He makes my friends laugh when he makes them call him, "Mr. Awesome", and stuff like that. 
-He plays with us in the pool and helps us with swimming.
-He rubs my back.
-He understands when I'm afraid of something.
-He helps me with soccer.

Alana:
-He's loving.
-He cares for me.
-He helps me with my troubles.
-He's my snuggle partner.
-He's generous.
-He has a big heart.

Easton:
-He's nice.
-He's kind.
-He helps me when I'm sad.
-He's good at math.


“God created marriage. No government subcommittee envisioned it. No social organization developed it. Marriage was conceived and born in the mind of God.” ~ Max Lucado

2 comments: