Saturday, February 25, 2012

Leadership Rocks

I promised the youth group I would post on Leadership Rocks.

Leadership Rocks is "a world-class, high-energy Experience that challenges your students to reach beyond today and grab hold of their God-centered futures."  Here's the link if you want to read more about it.  http://www.leadershiprocks.com/

Some of the kids from our youth group attended in Orlando a couple weeks ago, and I had the privilege of chaperoning.  This was Jayde's first overnight trip with the youth group, and she loved it.

There are 3 areas they focus on during the weekend: Experiencing Scripture, Leadership Development, and Christ-centered Worship.  This year they really had a global focus, encouraging everyone to get out of their boxes and realize that the Church has members all over the world, not just here in the U.S.  The weekend really did rock!

Here are some of the kids claiming their seats on the first night (Jayde's in the purple shirt):
The stage with the rockin' band, Matt Papa. "TDL" stood for "Think, Dream, Lead".


Some of the crazies (an endearing term) with their loud "Jesus" headbands:

Being silly:


The group:
Compassion International had a table in the lobby.  It warmed my heart when a group of boys decided to sponsor a child and collect money each month for him at youth group.  They were really happy with their decision:


It was a fun weekend.  The praise music from Matt Papa was wonderful.  The song that the group loved the most was called "Open Hands" and I fell in love with the words.  Here's the link to the song and video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYxI38hLIZA

and here are the words:

"To give unselfishly, to love the least of these
Jesus i'm learning how to live with open hands
All of these treasures that i hold will never satisfy my soul
Jesus i lay it at your throne with open hands

chorus:
And i lift my hands open wide let the whole world see
how you've loved, how you died, how you set me free!
Free at last i surrender all i am with open hands
with open hands

Verse 2:
To finally let go of my plans
These earthly kingdoms built of sand
Jesus at your cross i stand with open hands

chorus:
And i lift my hands open wide let the whole world see
how you've loved, how you died, how you set me free!
Free at last i surrender all i am with open hands
with open hands
You took the nails and you wore the crown
You hung your head, your love poured out
You took my place and you paid the price
So Jesus now i will give my life!!!!!!!!!

chorus:
And i lift my hands open wide let the whole world see
how you've loved, how you died, how you set me free!
Free at last i surrender all i am with open hands
Jesus i lift my hands open wide let the whole world see
how you've loved, how you died, how you set me free!
Free at last i surrender all i am with open hands with open hands

with open hands
with open hands
with open hands"

No comments:

Post a Comment