Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

Christmas Day was on Sunday this year, which was exciting because that means we got to go to church on Christmas!  Anyone who wanted to could come to EPC in their pajamas.  So we did, of course!  Poor Alana was sick with a virus and fever, so Alan had to stay home with her. 

I took Jayde and Easton to church in our jammies and slippers. I didn't even get a picture of the 3 of us.  But I did get a picture of everyone in the church who wore jammies.  Not that you can tell who anyone is!
I have had the same pastor since I was nine years old.  This April, Reverand Don Mason will be retiring from our church.  This was his last Christmas to preach at EPC.  He wore his pajamas and robe for the occasion. 

Even our praise team wore p.j.'s:
This is me with my friend Jennifer:

Jayde posed with our music director, Merideth.  Don't you love her cap?

I had to get a picture with Mr. Mason on his last Christmas Sunday with us!


After church we came home and opened gifts with the children.  Each of our kids receives 3 gifts because Jesus received 3 gifts.  This keeps us from overspending and keeps the kids from getting too many things they don't need.  They still receive presents from their grandparents and some other family members, too.  We ate lunch with Alan's family and opened gifts there, too.  I realized too late that I didn't take any pictures at their house.  In the evening, we drove to my parent's house to have supper with them, then opened gifts again there.  My sister and brother-in-law were in town with their new baby, Bode.  What a wonderful gift!
Here is Alana's place for opening gifts (remember, she was sick):

Ryan and Ginger let me hold Bode during the opening of presents:



My dad is the official distributor of gifts:


One of my gifts was a label-maker!  I love labeling- such a nerd, I know.

We tried to take the sweet cousins picture in front of the tree.  I don't think Bode was very happy.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Alana sure looks pitiful in that first picture...

    ReplyDelete