Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

So, I am trying to get back in the swing of things!  We started school last week and boy, is our schedule going to be hectic until the end of October.  Some activities were cut out from last year, so I thought we would have a slower pace.  But, because of other activities that are being added, it's even more busy.  Priorities, priorities. 

Blogging is one thing I want to get into the habit of sitting down and doing.  It will be worked into the schedule.  Some day, I'd like to be able to show my kids a record of things that our family did during the years they were growing up.  Journaling is great, too, but typing is faster!  My computer is unable to read my picture thingy - what's that called?  The card?  Anyway, I need a special cord to be able to load pictures.  Once I have it, I can share the ones I've been saving for you.

In the meantime, here's a link to a blog post.  Read the poem, then click on the link to "Images of Starving Africa". 
http://www.handfulofquietness.com/?p=4264&cpage=1#comment-1674

I don't know about you, but all my complaints seem silly.  Maybe the American people need to see these images every day.  Maybe our selfish materialistic lives would be brought down a notch.  Maybe not.  I think you have to see it in person to really GET it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment