Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicago


"Take me out to the ballgame, Take me out to the crowd......."

Alan and I returned last week from a trip to Chicago.  He had always wanted to see Wrigley Field.  I saved up money in the fall and surprised him with a hotel and game tickets for opening weekend of the Cubs.  It was his Christmas present. 

Our friends, Pete and Amy, were our traveling buddies.  Aren't they cute?



"The windy city"


Here we are in front of the famous Wrigley Field sign:


The view from our seats:


Alan and I during the game: see our team spirit?

I must say that a large portion of our trip revolved around the food!  We did a taste test between the two most famous pizza places in Chicago: Giordano's and Gino's East.  Giordano's won by a landslide.


Here's a picture of their famous pizza pie - it was delicious!


Is your mouth watering yet? 


No comments:

Post a Comment