Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Friends!

Wow, what a great day!  I have been on a high all afternoon and evening.  We were blessed to have a fellow AWAA family, Anthony and Paige Alleca, drive to our home.  They were here from New York visiting family and were only half an hour away.  They were so gracious to spend two hours talking to us.  What an encouragement!  They have 5 beautiful children.  They went to Ethiopia and brought home their two youngest children about 8 weeks ago.  Hearing their story was so uplifting.  I feel kind of crazy sometimes, like I'm on an emotional roller coaster, and there's no end in sight.  It was so nice to hear that I'm not crazy. Someone else went through the same emotions, and is now on the other side, with their forever family.  God knows what we need even when we don't!  Thank you, Alleca family, for sharing a piece of your lives with us today! 


Left to right:  Alana (9-ours), Tamirat (5), Easton (6-ours), Million (3), Jayde (11-ours), Marianna (10), Matteo (7), and Francesca (13)

If you'd like to read their story, visit Paige's blog at http://www.ourethiopianblessings.blogspot.com/

From the moment they left, I couldn't stop singing the song I used to teach my preschoolers.  It's been in my head ALL DAY. 

 "My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do.
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do.
The mountains are His, the rivers are His, the stars are His handiwork, too.
My God is so great, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do - FOR YOU!"

Thank you, Jesus, for knowing my needs before I ask, and for new friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment