Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crazy Strawberry Night

Before you read today's post, I must ask you not to scroll down quickly.  Please read the writing before you start looking at the pictures.  Then scroll down S..L..O..W..L..Y....., got it?  Promise?

Tonight was Crazy Strawberry Night at Awana.  Remember how I said we LOVE our strawberries here?  That's kind of an understatement.  All the Awana kids got decked out in their best strawberry duds and each group was judged at the end of the evening.  There was one winner in each group.  Alana borrowed an abundance of my strawberry attire:  shirt, hat, flip flops, purse, earrings, necklace, bracelet, and scarf.  Here is Miss Strawberry's final look:



Now we come to Easton.  I do not own any "boy" strawberry clothing or accessories.  Can you believe it?  I will have to remedy that situation this upcoming week, because the Strawberry Festival starts a week from tomorrow.  Easton went upstairs this afternoon and decided to wear a red shirt.  That was O.K., but his sister (Jayde, the artist) decided that she could do better than that.  Here's what she came up with.......


Wait for it.........



Wait for it.........



Ta-Dah!!  Mr. Strawberry in the flesh!



I am laughing out loud.  Right now.  Not as hard as I did this afternoon when I walked in on the makeover.  I was crying.  Boy, I never realized how white his eyeballs are.  He has loved on his sister for the rest of the evening.  That little man was so grateful to be made into a delicious red strawberry, complete with seeds.  He won the contest for his age category, by the way.  Just a perk at the end of this berry blissful day (haha, lots of "berry" jokes happening around these parts).

No comments:

Post a Comment