Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Calling

I'm breaking the ice...... this is the first blog entry!  Whoo!  Who knew it would be so difficult for a non-technical person to figure out how to set this up?  My sweet sister, Ginger, helped me navigate blogworld.  So......God has called us to go through the adoption process.  There, I said it.  Today my brain is not working as it should.  I feel like this initial post should be very deep and thought-provoking, but all of a sudden all of the meaningful things I wanted to say have left me.  It's been a very frustrating day.  My doctor and insurance company don't want to cooperate with the mountains of detailed paperwork this whole process is going to require.  There have been some tears on my part.  Not in public.  Don't worry, I wasn't blubbering in front of the receptionist at the office while 30 people sat watching me in the waiting room.  Though I was tempted, I made it all the way to my car in the parking lot before the flood hit.  I think I just climbed aboard the first car in what will be a long, emotional roller coaster. Reading other families' blogs documenting their journeys to Ethiopia has been a huge help.  I listed some in my blog list.  Other blogs listed are just ones I enjoy reading.  The list will keep growing as I get better at adding things on.

Tonight I am so thankful that I am adopted into God's family.  He chose me - thank you, Lord!  "For he chose us in him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.  In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves."  Ephesians 1:4-6.  Just as God chose me to lavish with His grace, so He has already chosen the child who is to be a part of our earthly family.  He may put us through this process and have nothing come to fruition.  I hope that won't happen, but who am I to tell God what to do?  So for now I have faith that He will work out all the details, even on frustrating days when I wonder how in the world this is ever going to happen.  I am SURE of this:  if we really do get through to the end of the process and go to Africa to claim a child, it will NOT be because of anything I did.  Only God can open the doors that our family needs open.  Praise be to Him!

1 comment:

  1. Love you frister! Praying for our future nephew.

    ReplyDelete